[InConJunctionNews] InConJunction 42: Space is Big is COMING SOON!!

InConJunction SF&F Convention inconindy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 10:24:55 EDT 2023

Greetings and salutations, friends, fans, and family! It’s nearly
InConJunction time, and so here is your annual (well, “annual”, since we
never remember to send emails) email for the con!

I’m Beckie Margedant, your conchair for InConJunction 42: Space is Big! We
are excited to announce that we have a new home for 2023. We will be at the
Wyndham Indianapolis West, July 7-9, 2023! For those of you old timers,
this is the same hotel as the Adam’s Mark that we moved away from many many
years ago.

We have a stellar guest list for this year, and some other fun things to
announce.

GUESTS OF HONOR!

Mary Robinette Kowal

Author

Author, puppeteer, genuinely nice human- Best known for her Lady Astronaut
series! We’re super excited to have her with us for InConJunction.

Joy Hernandez

Artist

An Indianapolis staple, Joy Hernandez is best known for her Bean the
Astronaut murals around town, and is an extremely talented artist and space
enthusiast, Her work can be found at the Full Circle Nine Gallery, a
gallery she founded and owns inside the Circle City Industrial Complex,
near downtown Indianapolis.

Five Year Mission

Musicians

Returning to the InConJunction scene for the first time in over 10 years,
it’s Indy’s own Star Trek rock band! They will be on stage Saturday night
at 10:30pm, and hanging out and doing things all weekend!

Mikey Mason

Toastmaster

Muncie, Indiana’s Comedy Rock Geek Mikey Mason will be here to usher in the
convention and be ridiculous throughout the weekend.

JD Kennedy

Gaming

A long term InCon attendee, JD Kennedy has had their hands in so many
TTRPGs that it isn’t even funny (although they are genuinely one of the
funniest humans you can ever meet). Check out their charity RPG event InCon
weekend!

Moxie Anne Magnus

Variety

How can we have Five Year Mission without their personal hair stylist!?
Moxie Anne Magnus, the USS Enterprise’s Chief Cosmetologist, will be on
hand InCon weekend to delight and thrill us all.

OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS!

CHARITIES

This year’s charities will be Indy Reads and The Damien Center.

WRITERS’ SYMPOSIUM RETURNS

InConjunction is pleased to announce the return of the Writers' Symposium.
The Writers' Symposium will be 15+ hours of panels, workshops, and events
hosted by experts in the creative writing community on a variety of topics.

The central event of the Symposium, Art Inspired Art, will be an
interactive writing event after which participants will be able to submit
pieces written during the event to a professional editor and have a chance
of being published in next year's InConjunction programming guide. Join us
for a fun weekend of writer-focused fun.

The Symposium is free to participate in this year, as part of the
celebration of its grand return.

HOTEL

InConJunction has moved for 2023, as mentioned above! Get your room for the
con now- Rooms start at $149, and can be found at InConJunction 42 - SF&F
Convention - Hotel Information <https://inconjunction.org/dept/hotel/> .
Please get your room by June 15th to guarantee the $149 rate.

REGISTRATION

You can get your badge at InConJunction 42 - SF&F Convention - Registration
Information <https://inconjunction.org/dept/registration/> or at the door.
Daily rates are the door only, and we’re happy to announce that the
Saturday Night Special is back. Starting at 6pm Saturday, you can get a $20
wrist band that will get you into Weird Science, the Five Year Mission
concert, and all other content until doors shut Saturday night.

DONATIONS

We’re always looking for donations and sponsors for the con. If you’re
interested in donating towards the con or to the charity auction, let us
know! Sponsorship info can be found at InConJunction 42 - SF&F Convention -
Sponsorships <https://inconjunction.org/dept/sponsors/> , and you can
always drop a line or donate through our paypal link on the front page! If
you have charity auction items, bring them with you to the con and drop
them off with our ops department.

We hope to see you at the con!

Beckie Margedant

Conchair