[CircularOfJanus] February Circular

Lynette R. F. Cowper lcowper at io.com
Mon Jan 31 21:24:00 EST 2011

Circle of Janus Science Fiction Club of Indiana
 The Circular of Janus
 January 28, 2011
 Volume 32, Issue 2

Contents:
 President's Reflections - Lynette R. F. Cowper
 Summary of the January Meeting - Lynette R. F. Cowper (based on Stephen
Kendall's notes)
 Summary of the January Board Meeting - Lynette R. F. Cowper (based on
Laura Edwards's notes)
 Mark Your Calendars
 Announcements from Our Members
 A Few Cool Things to Do in Indy - Lynette Cowper
 February Meeting Agenda
 New Books - from Locus
 Meeting Info & Club Officers

+++++++++++++++++++++++

President's Reflections
 by Lynette R. F. Cowper

Hello, all!

I would like to start out by thanking all those officers who served the
CoJ during 2010. I'd especially like to thank Kathie Thompson for her
leadership as club President, Stephen Kendall for his service as club
Secretary, and Jeff Thompson for keeping us on-task as Sergeant-at-Arms.
Kathie, of course, remains as InConJunction 32 ConChair. I'm also excited
about the new additions to our Board and would like to welcome Anjala Dick
as our new Vice-President, Laura Edwards as our new Secretary, Ricky Lile
as our new Sergeant-at-Arms, and Melissa Kocias as InConJunction 33
ConChair.

I'm going to be trying some things in the next couple of months to get
through the business part of the meeting while making it a little less of
a drag. Not everything may work. I'd ask that everyone bear with me.

We had some confusion about where the kids were allowed to go at the last
meeting. For now, we're planning on having a kids' table area with some
games and other activities set up for them during the meeting. I'd ask
that if anyone sees a child misbehaving in some way that they bring it to
the attention of the adult who brought the child to the meeting, unless an
immediate reaction is needed (for instance if their actions could lead to
immediate harm to the child, someone else, or the facilities). Different
children require different discipline techniques, and we want to avoid
actions that could turn our kids off to science fiction and fantasy.

I'd like people to think about hosting a non-meeting meeting and
volunteering to do so at or before the next meeting. Also, I want some
volunteers to arrange for speakers or activities at the meetings
themselves. This can be more than a pitch-in and gaming. We've got
interesting local scientists, authors, artists, and filkers. Don't forget
to bring your books this month for the book swap!

Finally, I'd like to ask everyone to think about what they want out of the
club and the meetings. A lot of our energy gets directed toward the
business of the convention, but is that really all we want the club to be?
Ask yourself if, through a series of unlikely misadventures, we were to
have call off the convention for the next few years, would you still come
to the CoJ meetings and why. What activities would we pursue? Let's make
the club interesting and enjoyable for more than InConJunction.

Thanks!
 Lynette R. F. Cowper
 CoJ President

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary of the January Meeting
 by Lynette R. F. Cowper

The January meeting of the Circle of Janus was on Saturday, January 8, at
the Jesus Metropolitan Community Church, and started around 7:10pm. All
the Board members except Kathie Thompson were present.

We did things a bit out of order to try, since counting votes takes time,
basically voting for various positions and then doing other things while
the votes were counted.

The first thing we did was vote to change the Bylaws Paragraph 6C from
"Write-in candidates are allowed for any office" to "Write-in candidates
are not allowed for any office."

There was a brief discussion of the new meeting location and the contract
for it, especially concerns about the fact that John or Wendy had to be
there with a key to let us in or we had to pay extra and the question of
whether the Board had seen the contract before it was signed. Given that
Kathie wasn't there and no one else had a copy of the agreement, Lynette
tabled the discussion for the next meeting so we weren't operating on poor
memories and guesses.

After that, we started elections. This took most of the meeting between
other things, but the long and short of it is that our new Board is:
   Board Chairman - Andy Andrews
   President - Lynette Cowper
   Vice-President - Anjala Dick
   Secretary - Laura Edwards
   Treasurer - Emily Rodgers
   Sergeant at Arms - Ricky Lile
   InConJunction 31 ConChair - Mike Cowper
   InConJunction 32 ConChair - Kathie Thompson
   InConJunction 33 ConChair - Melissa Kocias

Congratulations, and thanks to all those who ran!

In InConJunction 31 (that's 2011) news, we've added a Music GoH, Donald
Wolcott. Several of our Featured Guests are returning: CJ Henderson,
Travis Clemmons, Tammy Jo Eckhardt, Lou Harry, and Stephen Zimmer. We
still need volunteers to help, particularly Programming which needs
several assistants. Drew said he needs an assistant to handle GoH needs,
and another person to talk to various clubs around town. Drew said he is a
pain to work for.

Anjala from  Member Services asked that all members update their website
personal information so that she can send you cards to celebrate your
milestones.

Rob Pyatt would like to do his Weird Science talk in March or April.
Lynette will contact him.

We decided to do a book swap for the February meeting. Bring some good
books and do some trading!

Lynette mentioned that she'd be appointing folks in February. If people
are interested in positions, they should email or speak to her.

There were a number of announcements. The still-timely ones are in our new
“Announcements from Our Members” feature.

The meeting ended at 8:52pm.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary of the January Board Meeting
 By Lynette R. F. Cowper

The Board met on Saturday, January 22 at Valley Mills Christian Church
(hereafter called VMCC), starting at about 1:00pm.

All the Board members were there except for Kathie Thompson, who had car
trouble. Dillan Dick and Stephen Kendall were also there.

We talked about future meeting dates and locations for the Board and
settled on Saturdays, March 26, May 14, during InConJunction as determined
by Programming, September 17, November 12, and possibly in December. We'll
be meeting at VMCC except in July, unless there's some sort of snag in
securing the room. Times will be 1:00 to 3:00.

We discussed the agreement for the Jesus Metropolitan Church for the club
meetings. A full report will be made at the February club meeting.

We briefly discussed storage, the 501(c)(3) status, new A/V equipment,
InConJunction 32 and 33, SOPs, the possible impact of the new horror
convention that's taking place on the same weekend as InConJunction, and
the newsletter. We spent more time talking about InConJunction 31 and
Mike's search for an Artist GoH.

We also discussed having booths at Gay Pride Indy and Pagan Pride Day, and
what other events we could attend to bring in new members to the club or
attendees to the convention.

The meeting adjourned at 2:58 p.m.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Mark Your Calendars

February 2011

 4: Whoosier Network Mtg - Jesus Metropolitan C.C.
 4-6: SuperCon - Minneapolis, MN
 4-6: What-the-Hell?! Con - Greensboro, NC

 5: CoJ Meeting
 5: Hamilton County Reading Council Bookfair - Stony Creek Marketplace,
Noblesville

 6: Ren Cowper's birthday

 8: Lynette Cowper's birthday

 10-13: Capricon - Wheeling, IL
 10-14: Anime-SPARK! - Cedar Rapids, IA

 11-12: AlmaCon - Alma, MI
 11-13: Gamicon - Iowa City, IA
 11-13: GeneriCon - Troy, NY

 18: "I Am Number Four"
 18-20: Anime Milwaukee - Milwaukee, WI
 18-20: Con of the North - St. Paul, MN
 18-20: ConNooga - Chattanooga, TN
 18-20: Farpoint - Baltimore, MD
 18-20: Katsucon - Washington, DC
 18-20: Naka-Kon - Kansas City, MO
 18-20: No Such Convention (NonCon) - Poughkeepsie, NY
 18-20: RoundCon - Columbia, SC
 18-20: TrekTrax Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
 18-20: Visioncon - Springfield, MO

 19: IAS General Meeting - Holcomb Observatory
 19: Family Fun Day - Barnes & Noble Greenwood
 19-20: Con-G - Guelph, Ontario
 19-20: Kami-Con - Tuscaloosa, AL

 20: IAC Meeting - Glendale Branch Library

 25: "Shelter"
 25-27: ConCave – Bowling Green, KY
 25-27: Fire & Ice - Manitowoc, WI
 25-27: KitsuneKon - Appleton, WI
 25-27: MystiCon - Roanoke, VA

 26: Sam Thompson's birthday
 26: Fort Wayne Comic Book Con - Fort Wayne, IN
 26: Sukoshicon: Auburn - Auburn, AL

 27: Ash Comics Con - Ramada Inn East

March 2011

 3: Star Wars Gaming Group - Carmel Borders

 4: Whoosier Network Mtg - Jesus Metropolitan C.C.
 4: "Beastly"
 4: "The Adjustment Bureau"
 4-6: Kearney Area Gamefest - Kearney, NE
 4-6: MarsCon - Bloomington, MN
 4-6: PlatteCon - Platteville, WI
 4-6: Ragnarokon - Columbia, MO
 4-6: SheVaCon - Roanoke, VA
 4-6: Steel City Con - Monroeville, PA
 4-6: Stellarcon - High Point, NC

 5: CoJ Meeting
 5: Society of Children's Book Writers/Illustrators Bookfair & Author
Signing - Carmel Borders

 11: "Battle: Los Angeles"
 11: "Mars Needs Moms"
 11: "Red Riding Hood"
 11-13: Kawa Kon - Clayton, MO
 11-13: Madicon 20 - Harrisonburg, VA
 11-13: Who's Yer Con - Holiday Inn North

 12: Randy Porter's birthday
 12-13: MomoCon - Atlanta, GA

 15: Bella Rollison's birthday

 16-20: International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts - Orlando, FL

 17-21: Furry Weekend Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

 18: "Limitless"
 18: "Paul"
 18: Bats & Warthogs Grand Opening - Indpls Zoo
 18-19: Fear the Con 4 - Saint Louis, MO
 18-20: A & G Ohio - Cincinnati, OH
 18-20: FantaSciCon - Dalton, GA
 18-20: Lunacon - Rye Brook, NY
 18-20: Millennicon - Cincinnati, OH
 18-20: Zenkaikon - King of Prussia, PA

 19-20: NashiCon - Columbia, SC
 19-20: Technicon 27 - Blacksburg, VA
 19-20: Toronto AnimeCon - Toronto, ON

 20: IAC Meeting - Glendale Branch Library
 20: Vernal Equinox

 23: Tracey Rollison's birthday

 24: David Herrington's birthday

 25: Neil Thompson's birthday
 25: "Sucker Punch"
 25-26: Shuto Con - Lansing, MI
 25-27: Gary Con - Lake Geneva, WI
 25-27: Horrorhound - Marriott East
 25-27: Spring Offensive - East Peoria, IL
 25-27: MACE West - Hickory, NC
 25-27: MidSouthCon - Memphis, TN
 25-27: Simcon - Rochester, NY

 26: Chris Canary's birthday
 26: CoJ Board Meeting - Valley Mills Christian Church
 26: IAS General Meeting - Holcomb Observatory
 26: Animarathon - Bowling Green, OH
 26: Jaycon - Elizabethtown, PA

 31-4/3: Tekkoshocon - Pittsburg, PA

April 2011

 1: Judy Eudaly's birthday
 1: Whoosier Network Meeting – JMCC
 1: "Insidious"
 1: "Mother's Day"
 1: "Source Code"
 1-3: Anime Detour - Minneapolis, MN
 1-3: EvilleCon - Evansville, IN
 1-3: FilkOntario - Toronto, ON
 1-3: WillyCon - Wayne, NE

 2: CoJ Meeting
 2: South Bend ComicCon - South Bend, IN
 2-3: BadCon 2011 - Albany, NY
 2-3: Den Con 2011 - Granville, Ohio

 4: Gary Kitchen's birthday

 7: Star Wars Gaming Group - Carmel Borders

 8: "Your Highness"
 8-10: Ad Astra - Toronto, ON
 8-10: RavenCon - Richmond, Va

 9: IAS New Astronomers Group - Holcomb Observatory
 9: Celtic Woman at the Murat

 10: Kyra Shidler's birthday

 13: David Henninger's birthday

 15: Melissa Kocias's birthday
 15: "Atlas Shrugged"
 15: "Scream 4"
 15-17: Anime St. Louis - Collinsville, IL
 15-17: CODCON XVI - Glen Ellyn, IL
 15-17: Egypt Wars 2011 - Carbondale, IL
 15-17: I-CON - Stony Brook, NY
 15-17: JordanCon - Atlanta, GA
 15-17: Marmalade Dog - Kalamazoo, MI
 15-17: No Brand Con - Eau Claire, WI

 16: GenreCon - Sarnia, ON
 16-17: Tora-Con - Rochester, NY

 17: IAC Meeting - Glendale Branch Library

 21-24: Frolicon - Atlanta, GA
 21-22: Lyrids Meteor Shower

 22: "Apollo 18"
 22-24: Anime Punch! - Columbus, OH
 22-24: ConGlomeration - Louisville, KY
 22-24: Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Nashville, TN
 22-24: Minicon - Minneapolis, MN

 23: Jeff Thompson's birthday
 23: IAS General Meeting - Holcomb Observatory
 23: Hoshicon - Charlotte, NC

 28: Brian Davidson's birthday

 29: Harry Bunn's birthday
 29-5/1: EerieCon - Niagara Falls, NY
 29-5/1: Penguicon - Troy, MI
 29-5/1: Shinbokucon V - Westlake, OH
 29-5/1: Spring Gaming Hoopla! - Janesville, WI

 30-5/1: Columbia Anime Con - Columbia, SC

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Announcements from Our Members

Crystal
   You may not have realized it, but you have a filker in your midst!
Before you call the exterminator (because you know if you see one on
the light, there are probably THOUSANDS in the walls), sit back and
have a listen to the crazy project that she's been working on.  Her
first CD, "How To Be A Superhero", will be funded solely by donations
from good-hearted people like yourself.  Any pledges will be offered
rewards such as free CD's, downloads, and other goodies... and you get
to decide how much you donate and how you want to be rewarded!  Every
little bit helps, so even if you can only pledge a dollar, please stop
by and take a look!  And if you don't even have a dollar (hey, some of
us don't), a signal boost will do wonders.  Copy and paste the web
address on your blog, facebook, or twitter, and be part of the project!
 If you are able to boost the signal, make sure you let Crystal know
with a link back so that she can thank you properly.  You may even end
up in the liner notes of her first CD!  The kickstarter site can be
found here: http://kck.st/hiTV0B  (it's a teensy link isn't it?), and
you can listen to rough recordings of the tracks that will go on the
album for FREE at http://crystalwolf.bandcamp.com .  And remember...
the more you donate, the better it sounds!

Randy Porter
   Gen Con has announced badge preregistration is to begin on 1/23/2011. A
four day admission will cost $68, which is a bargain. One day is $38.
The VIG badge package is $500. JW Marriott will be opening in just a
few weeks meaning 1000 new hotel rooms. Gen Con will be totally
different this year. The Dealers Room will not be in halls A through E.
Everything west of the info booth will not be used. All the things that
used to be there will be in the new rooms. Gen Con will be the first
weekend in August. Thursday night will be Miskatonic University
Christmas in August.

Wendy Carson
   JMCC recycles paper and gets money for it, so please do not throw away
the papers at the meetings; recycle them. JMCC also recycles cans and
bottles.

Dylan Dick
   He was supposed to go back to Iraq within 30 days, but is now on a
waiting list. Will be leaving January 12 and coming back in March. He
will be going to Ft. Worth Texas to help with training the people who
are going back to Iraq.

Melissa and Beckie
   Beckie and Melissa have formed a team for the 2011 Race for the Cure,
which will be held in Indianapolis on Saturday, April 16, and they
invite you to join!  The team's name is The League of Extraordinary
Gentlegeeks, and our goal is to use the power of Geekdom to raise funds
and awareness for breast cancer research.

   You can join (or simply support) the team by going to
http://www.komenindy.org/race/ and clicking on the Join a Team button.
Search for the team name (The League of Extraordinary Gentlegeeks) and
then click on the team name when it comes up - and it will take you to
a screen where you can either Join this Team or Donate.

   If you register, you have options to join as a racing member (and join
our mob of colorfully attired geeks on race day!) OR you could sign up
to do the Sleep In for the Cure - which gives you all of the warm
fuzzies and comradery of being a part of the team, but while allowing
you to sleep in on that day, instead.

   Contact Melissa if you have any questions!

Joe Greene
   Joe is looking for a volunteer for Critter Course/ Critter Crunch. He
has had a lot of fun doing it, has not had a lot of fun transporting
it. He is not looking for help transporting it. At the moment looking
for a source for a part. He is looking for a 23 1/2” gear, which he
will then buy. The closest thing he has found is on a Cummins
industrial engine. Joe will use the gears to make four counter-rotating
wheels for the course.

John Belden
   True Dungeon is still looking for volunteers because they are able to
expand. There are benefits to this. Go to TrueDungeon.com.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A Few Cool Things to Do in Indy
 By Lynette Cowper

Hamilton County Reading Council Bookfair: Kay Cassidy and Christine
Johnson, two teen authors, will be present to talk about their favorite
titles and signing copies of their books. B&N will provide a light
breakfast, provide door prizes, and a book talk. Hope to see you there.
February 5, Stony Creek Marketplace, Noblesville.

Indiana Filmmakers Network Meeting: This month's IFN meeting will focus on
what's going on around the state in the world of Indie Film. What projects
are you working on? What kind of projects would you like to work on. Meet
the filmmakers, crew, and actors that make it happen. We'll go around the
room and let everyone give their pitch. Tell what you've got coming up! As
always our meetings are free to anyone with an interest in Film production
in Indiana. Membership in IFN is not required, though very reasonable at
only $20 per year. The Indiana Filmmakers Network meets the 2nd Tuesday at
of each month at 7pm. February 8, Hamilton 16 IMAX.

Vintage Movie Night: Alice in Wonderland (1931): Film collector, historian
and preservationist Eric Grayson will be sharing some of his favorite
vintage films one night each month. This month's selection is Alice in
Wonderland, starring Ruth Gilbert and Leslie King. From legendary producer
Bud Pollard, it is one of only a few of Pollard's films to survive. It
follows the famous Lewis Carroll story much more closely than other more
popular interpretations. Cost: $3. February 12, Garfield Park Conservatory
and Sunken Gardens.

Sea Rex 3D: Journey to a Prehistoric World: The movie will shed light on
the extraordinary prehistoric underwater world and its remarkably huge
creatures, which with their daunting size and natural ability for
predation, were ruling the seas 20 million years before dinosaurs roamed
the earth. February 11 to 18, IMAX Theater.

Family Fun Day at Barnes & Noble Greenwood: Join the staff and students of
Center Grove Elementary as they host a free Family Fun Day at Barnes &
Noble. Beat the winter blues with Rock Band, Wii games, karaoke on stage,
fun games and more -- all free and open to the public! February 19,
Greenwood Barnes & Noble.

Society of Children's Book Writers/Illustrators Bookfair, Author Signing:
Led by Ron Mazellan, Kristi Valiant, Saundra Mitchell and Margaret
McMullen, this group, SCBWI of Indiana, will read and demonstrate what has
made them critically acclaimed. Books will be on sale prior to and during
their bookfair/fundraiser. March 5, Carmel Borders.

Bats & Warthogs: Grand Opening: Continuing the ever growing Plains Biome
will be another new permanent addition-- those knobby, hairy, tusked, wild
pigs of Africa-- the warthogs! Bats, the flying mammals often mythologized
as blood-sucking creatures that are symbols of Halloween frights, are
actually one of the most important animals in the world as part of the
pollination process of the world's plants. The new Forests exhibit will
feature two of the larger varieties of the many bats around the world, the
straw colored bat and the renowned flying fox. You will learn fascinating
facts about these unique and special animals. March 18, Indianapolis Zoo.

Incredible Costumes from Film and TV: Batman’s Bat Suit (look at those
abs!), Darth Vader’s cape and helmet (resist the dark side!), the Wicked
Witch of the West’s hat (the height of fantasy fashion!)... these are just
a few of the amazing original costumes featured in Incredible Costumes
from Film and TV. Don’t miss this limited-engagement exhibit that explores
the role of costume in defining characters from films and TV shows seen by
millions, including Blade Runner, Ghostbusters II, and Star Trek. March 12
through May 8, Children's Museum.

Game Nights at the Cafe: We are continuing our wonderful evenings of fun
and games with Magic: The Gathering, Munchkin and a range of other fun
games. Bring your friends and family and enjoy the tasty treats and drink
delights of our Cafe. Fridays, 5:00pm and Saturdays, 7:00pm, Carmel
Borders.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

February Meeting Agenda

The Circle of Janus
 February Meeting
 February 5, 2011

 Opening of Meeting (7:00pm)
    Introduction of guests, member attendance, and passing out Treasurer's
Report (if available)
    Double-check if anyone is going out afterward, set where, arrange for
someone to call ahead
 Communications
    January meeting minutes
    Treasurer's Report
    Convention Report, InConJunction 31
    Convention Report, InConJunction 32, if needed
    Convention Report, InConJunction 33, if needed
    Board Report
    Member Services Report, if needed
    Member Activities Report
       Scheduled Speakers or activities so far
          Meetings
             February
             March
             April
          Non-Meetings
             February
             March
 Movie and TV show news and reviews
 Old Business
    Bylaws printing
    Meeting space
    SOPs – former club Officers, ConCom, appointed positions
 Book, Comic Book, Gaming, and Fannish news and reviews
 New Business
    Appointments
       Member services
       Member activities
       Newsletter editor
       Audit committee
       Club archivist
       Club historian
       Outreach committee
       Welcoming committee
       August Meeting Rescheduling
       Membership Cards
       Volunteers for Gay Pride, Pagan Pride
 Personal announcements, local events, miscellaneous
 Close of meeting - Chaos

+++++++++++++++++++++++

New Books
 From locusmag.com

February 2011
   + Aaronovitch, Ben * Midnight Riot * (Ballantine Del Rey)
   + Abercrombie, Joe * The Heroes * (Orbit US, hc)
   Anderson, Poul * The Collected Short Works of Poul Anderson, Volume 4:
Admiralty * (NESFA Press, cln, hc)
   Bear, Elizabeth * The Sea Thy Mistress * (Tor, hc)
   Bova, Ben * Leviathans of Jupiter * (Tor, hc)
   Briggs, Patricia * River Marked * (Ace, hc)
   Britain, Kristen * Blackveil * (DAW, hc)
   Chadbourn, Mark * The Scar-Crow Men * (Pyr, tpb)
   Courtenay Grimwood, Jon * The Fallen Blade * (Orbit US, tpb)
   + Deas, Stephen * The King of the Crags * (Roc, hc)
   Delany, Samuel R. * Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders *
(Alyson, tpb)
   Ellis, Warren * Listener * (Morrow, hc)
   Erikson, Steven * The Crippled God * (Tor, hc)
   Gilman, Laura Anne * Pack of Lies * (Luna, tpb)
   Goodkind, Terry * The Omen Machine * (Tor, hc)
   Hairston, Andrea * Redwood and Wildfire * (Aqueduct Press, tpb)
   + Holt, Tom * Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Sausages * (Orbit US, tpb)
   Hurley, Kameron * God's War * (Night Shade Books, tpb)
   Kerr, Katharine * License to Ensorcell * (DAW)
   Kittredge, Caitlin * The Iron Thorn * (Delacorte, nvl-ya, hc)
   Lansdale, Joe R., ed. * Crucified Dreams * (Tachyon Publications, anth,
tpb)
   Lansdale, Joe R. * Hyenas * (Subterranean Press, cln, hc)
   Marr, Melissa * Darkest Mercy * (HarperCollins, nvl-ya, hc)
   McDermott, J. M. * Never Knew Another * (Night Shade Books, tpb)
   Pierce, Tamora * Tortall and Other Lands * (Random House, cln, hc)
   Priest, Cherie * Bloodshot * (Ballantine Spectra, tpb)
   Ryman, Geoff * Paradise Tales * (Small Beer Press, cln, tpb)
   Saberhagen, Joan, ed. * Golden Reflections * (Baen, anth, hc)
   Stross, Charles * Boskone Book * (NESFA Press, cln, hc)
   Swann, S. Andrew * Messiah * (DAW)
   Weber, David, ed. * Worlds of Honor #5: In Fire Forged * (Baen, anth, hc)
   Williams, Walter Jon * Deep State * (Orbit US, tpb)

March 2011
   Barlough, Jeffrey E. * A Tangle in Slops * (Gresham & Doyle, tpb)
   Barnes, John * Daybreak Zero * (Ace, hc)
   Beagle, Peter S. * Sleight of Hand * (Tachyon Publications, cln, tpb)
   Bear, Elizabeth * Grail * (Ballantine Spectra)
   Bishop, Anne * Twilight's Dawn * (Roc, cln, hc)
   Buckner, M. M. * Gravity Pilot * (Tor, hc)
   + Fforde, Jasper * One of Our Thursdays Is Missing * (Viking, hc)
   Guran, Paula, ed. * Vampires: The Recent Undead * (Prime Books, anth, tpb)
   Gustainis, Justin, ed. * Those Who Fight Monsters * (Hades/EDGE Science
Fiction and Fantasy, anth, tpb)
   Harrison, Kim * Pale Demon * (Harper Voyager, hc)
   Hodder, Mark * The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man * (Pyr, tpb)
   Matheson, Richard * Other Kingdoms * (Tor, hc)
   McGuire, Seanan * Late Eclipses * (DAW)
   McKenna, Bridget, & Marti McKenna, eds. * End of an Aeon * (Fairwood
Press, anth, tpb)
   Moon, Elizabeth * Kings of the North * (Ballantine Del Rey, hc)
   Piccirilli, Tom * Every Shallow Cut * (ChiZine Publications, hc/tpb)
   Rambo, Cat, Paul Tremblay & Sean Wallace, eds. * Worlds of Fantasy: The
Best of Fantasy Magazine * (Prime Books, anth, tpb)
   Rothfuss, Patrick * The Wise Man's Fear * (DAW, hc)
   Strahan, Jonathan, ed. * The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the
Year Volume Five * (Night Shade Books, anth, tpb)
   Vaughn, Carrie * Steel * (HarperTeen, nvl-ya, hc)
   Wells, Martha * The Cloud Roads * (Night Shade Books, tpb)
   + Williams, Conrad * Loss of Separation * (Solaris US)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Meeting Info
   The next business meeting of the Circle of Janus will be Saturday,
February 5, 2011, at the Jesus Metropolitan Community Church, 2950 55th
Place, Indianapolis, IN, starting at 7:00 pm. A ConCom meeting will
precede the club meeting at 5:15. Those on the ConCom should arrive
prepared to report.

Officers
 Board Chairman - Andy Andrews
 President - Lynette Cowper
 Vice-President - Anjala Dick
 Secretary - Laura Edwards
 Treasurer - Emily Rodgers
 Sergeant-at-Arms - Ricky Lile
 InConJunction 31 ConChair - Mike Cowper
 InConJunction 32 ConChair - Kathie Thompson
 InConJunction 33 ConChair - Melissa Kocias

The Circular of Janus is a publication of the Circle of Janus Science
Fiction Club of Central Indiana. Subscription is included with membership,
$15.00/year. For information write to Circle of Janus, P.O. Box 68514,
Indianapolis, IN 46268-0514.
 Lynette R. F. Cowper, Editor

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” -